Page List

Monday, June 10, 2013

Thinking Pink(ing)

The title "Think Pink" popped into my head, but I'm pretty sure that's been taken by, like, Victoria's Secret, or someone. 

I regularly read advice that a woman's best daily-wear lipstick shade is the one that matches her natural skin color, but better.  This makes me scratch my head a little, and I admittedly haven't found the right shade that makes me think my lips are simply "better" with a quick swipe. 

Now, I'm not quite 100% sure (92%?), but I think I've found a shade that can closely embody that statement, so I wanted to share.  And - it's under $8!  

I found the company Flower Beauty while reading a Lucky magazine a month or two ago.  Drew Barrymore was featured on the cover, and the article inside was mainly about her new beauty line and the philosophy behind it - Flower Beauty.  In some of the products highlighted, a lipstick was called out as the perfect pink.  I'm a sucker for pink, and I'm a sucker for inexpensive, so I went on a hunt for this lip color (LS2) Petal Kiss.  I say "hunt" because my local WalMarts (the retailer for Flower) have typically ravaged makeup aisles that look like toddlers were unleashed on them after being sugared up for hours.  My store was out of stock for over a month, but I thankfully found the product across town at another location (and have since realized I'm pretty late to the party, as Makeup Alley was already abuzz with this product).  The color is pretty, and it's "pretty natural," too.  That is to say, on my fair, pink-and-yellow-undertoned skin with dark hair, this color looks like my lips...but maybe a little better. Can this be what all the makeup advice articles are talking about? For me, it's the closest I've come so far, and I'm happy to buy something new at such a fair price. 

For a stronger pop of color, and perfect for summer, is Senna Cosmetics' Chic Pink gloss.  I fell in love with this immediately while at Vanity Cosmetics.  I've always liked Senna's glosses - their wear is long-lasting (albeit a touch sticky, but hey - there's where the long-lasting comes from), and this color instantly brightened my face.  I could see from a quick look around at the other people in the salon wearing Chic Pink that it was universally flattering and really brightened the face.  

Either of the two products would be a no-brainer for summer lips, and both are so versatile, they'd work with almost any coloring.  

Cheers to a beautiful summer and gorgeous lips! 

Beautifully Simple,
Nicole @ Vanity Cosmetics 





No comments:

Post a Comment