Page List

Friday, May 30, 2014

Contoured Beauty

Gone are the days when contouring your face was reserved for special occasions under the guidance of a professional makeup artist.  Thanks to the popularity of youtube videos, the (ahem) Kardashians, and more widely-available products, contouring is a now recognized as an easy way to bring out your best features while minimizing imperfections to craft a beautifully polished, sculpted look.  

I personally first saw contouring transform a face under the tutelage of Eugenia Weston of Senna Cosmetics and Christine Turner of Vanity Cosmetics.  It was inspiring to see their clients' beauty heightened through their features being highlighted.  

When trying to contour my own face at home, a few key things held me back, though. I'd seen all the most popular videos online and dutifully practiced in my bathroom mirror.  However, what I missed and failed to realized was the importance of contouring with the right products.  In my case, I was using a bronzing cream compact as my darker contour color. While it was effectively darker than my skin tone, it was too translucent and had too much shimmer to be effective in receding the necessary areas.  

Thankfully, as I was shopping for an all-in-one contouring kit, Senna re-introduced their Face Sculpting Kit as part of their Nude Ambition Spring/Summer 2014 release.  This 3-color cream-to-powder palate comes in fair or dark shades, and it contains contour, highlight, and concealer creams essential to creating the perfect contoured look.  There's a beautiful foundation brush included, as well as diagramed instructions.  

These kits have sold so well since their re-issue, they're hard to come by.  Vanity Cosmetics has a few left with more inventory to come.  And, if you pick up your compact at Vanity, you get the benefit of a professional artist answering any contouring questions you may have.  

Happy sculpting! 

Beautifully Simple,
Nicole @ Vanity Cosmetics 




No comments:

Post a Comment